getting linux console on a frame buffer.

Song Sam samlinuxppc at yahoo.com.cn
Wed May 19 23:13:16 EST 2004

Geert Uytterhoeven <geert at linux-m68k.org> wrote:

> > The problem may be that I don't have a linux console running on the
> > frame buffer device. Would anyone know how to get the linux console
> > on the frame buffer but still receives input from a serial port (I
> > don't have a keyboard attached to the board. I have been doing most
> > things from the serial console and remotely).
>
> Append `console=tty0 console=ttyS0' to the kernel command line, and
> kernel messages will appear on both tty0 (fb) and ttyS0 (serial),
> while console input will be taken from the last one (ttyS0).

But this isn't a solution to have a LINUX console on
the frame buffer with serial port input.It DID output
some boot message to LCD but the work console is still
ttyS0.And you can type a command like "echo a >
/dev/tty0" to make the 'a' to LCD.Without such
command,however,the input result still is displayed on
serial console.Am I right?

Best regards,

Sam