Using SMC patch on MPC852T

Meriin Michael-BMM063 BMM063 at motorola.com
Tue May 11 23:27:50 EST 2004

Hi All,

I am trying to apply a SMC patch (exit0.1 MPC8XX SMC(UART) and I2C/SPI MICROCODE PACKAGE).
MPC852T does not have SCC1&2, but SMC1 is overlapped with SCC3.
In our implementation we need both portsSMC1 (console) and SCC3 (Ethernet).
The first thing I tried was to eliminate places in enet.c code which are using SMC1 area, but SCC3 was not transmitting.
Now I've applied patch as it described in the manual (using micropatch.c). After enabling Tx and Rx in SMC1, it starts transmitting by it self.
Any ideas?
Does somebody use SCC3 & SMC1 together without patch?

Best Regards,
     Michael Meriin