PREEMPT on PPC

Mathieu Segaud matt at minas-morgul.org
Sat Mar 27 20:14:26 EST 2004

Michel Dänzer <daenzer at debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 18:48, Michael Schmitz wrote:
>>
>> Works fine here on 2.6.5-rc2-ben0 . Including disk suspend.
>
> Have you hit swap with it? The problems with preempt usually only
> started at that point here.

here I hit swap on my iBook2.2, and GCC gives ICE segfault every 5 minutes in a
kernel compilation. And X does not last longer than one hour.
Seems to be some other races.

--
Mathieu Segaud

"This, btw, is not something I would suggest you do in your living room.
 Getting a penguin to pee on demand is _messy_. We're talking yellow spots
 on the walls, on the ceiling, yea verily even behind the fridge. However.
 I would also advice against doing this outside - it may be a lot easier to
 clean up, but you're likely to get reported and arrested for public
 lewdness Never mind that you had a perfectly good explanation for it all."

 	- Linus Torvalds on sprinkling holy penguin pee