Zilog driver - auto-detect for no oopsen

David Eger eger at theboonies.us
Fri Mar 26 01:12:15 EST 2004

I recently compiled  Linux Kernel v2.6.5-rc2-ben0 and...

Is there any auto-detection code we can add to the Zilog driver?

I accidentally enabled the  CONFIG_SERIAL_PMACZILOG option for my kernel,
and it crashes my powerbook all to hell when i try to put it to sleep...
I know the option is irrelevant for my hardware, but is Oops'ing really
what we want as a bad .config reminder?

hda: completing PM request, suspend
Oops: Kernel access of bad area, Sig: 11 [#1]
NIP: C001CCA8... TASK 'pbbuttonsd'  Last syscall: 54...
Call trace:
  pmz_suspend +0x200/0x21c
  macio_device_suspend +0x4c/0x54
  suspend_device +0xd4/0xdc