write stuff in the PRAM?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Jun 5 05:43:16 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 09:15, Colin LEROY wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get TV-out work on my iBook G4.
> After booting with a CRT attached, I get
> $ cat /proc/device-tree/pci at f0000000/ATY,ViaParent at 10/ATY,Via_B at 1/display-type
> CRT
>
> I get the same after booting with a TV attached.
>
> It looks like setting this to "STV" would make TV video-out work (or at least
> help it work ;-).
>
> Is there any way to do such a thing (either a tool, a kernel patch, or in
> openfirmware voodoo) ?

Nah. OF doesn't know how to setup the TV Out I think and radeonfb
definitely doesn't. It's a quite complicated process, I've seen a bit
of code from ATI supposed to do that a while ago full of comments about
things not working properly & black magic =P

Maybe once I'll try again getting that to work but that mean that day
I'm really terminally bored :)

Ben.