DMA support for MPC5xxx?

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Jun 4 04:50:53 EST 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 11:33:02AM -0700, Matt Porter wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 06:42:40PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> >
> > Matt,
> >
> > in message <20040603090635.B7347 at home.com> you wrote:
> > >
> > > It would be nice if you could work support for your silicon into
> > > the de facto standard Linux/PPC community trees like the MPC85xx
> > > folks are doing.
> >
> > We tried. We really tried.

Yes, and the outcome was we made a linux-2.4-mpc5xxx tree, tried to get
comments, did so, and it was rejected for being too ugly for kernel.org
at the time, IIRC.

> > See the thread starting at
> > http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-dev/200311/msg00000.html
> >
> > David even posted on this list to get feedback  from  the  community.
> > But I haven't seen a single reply on the mailing lists.
>
> So? Repost. I miss stuff the first time around a lot of times
> myself [this is not to indicate that I would necessarily comment
> on 5200 stuff, just an example].

And this time do it against 2.6.  Even if 2.4 wasn't necessarily frozen
at the time we first tried, it is now.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/