adm103x module and 2.6.8

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Thu Jul 29 08:44:26 EST 2004

On 28 Jul 2004 at 22h07, Cedric Pradalier wrote:

Hi,

> I've just seen that from kernel 2.6.8, lm-sensors modules will be
> supporting adm1030 and adm1031 thermal control chip.
>
> As it does not make sense to have two competing modules for the same
> piece of hardware, I strongly advise people to test and use these
> modules to control the the chip on their ibook2.2, rather than using my
> therm_adm103x module.

BenH said more than once that he preferred dedicated temperature and fan
drivers for mac hardware than generic lm_sensors.

The fact your driver still isn't included strikes me as a bit odd, given
that mine has been quite quickly. You had positive feedback about
therm_adm103x now, and maybe Ben forgot about it?
--
Colin
  http://www.colino.net/