pmdisk oops(?) on g4 ibook

Rob Weir rweir at ertius.org
Fri Jul 16 18:23:10 EST 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 09:41:52AM +0200, Guido Guenther said
> On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 02:17:03PM +1000, Rob Weir wrote:
> > I've been using Guido's pmdisk patch with...a fair amount
> > of success, but it occasionally oopses on resume (even with
> > USB/dmasound/therm_adt746x modules unloaded), and fairly often takes
>
> Hmm...I've never seen this. I'll have a look.

Everytime I've resumed in the past week I've got an oops, then a series
of "out of memory" errors while things like hotplug restart...would it
be useful I wrote this oops down by hand?

> > a looooooooong time to suspend (more then 3 minutes), sitting at the
>
> I think this is a general problem of pmdisk, not powerpc specific, not
> nice though.

Hm, but *sometimes* (soon after I installed it, mostly) it suspends very
quickly.

--
Words of the day:     Mantis UK Hacker encryption New World Order eavesdropping