Fw: 2.6.8-rc1-mm1 "Badness in schedule" on ppc32

Nick Piggin piggin at cyberone.com.au
Thu Jul 15 11:56:05 EST 2004

Andrew Morton wrote:

>Nick , Ingo: could you please appropriately berate the ppc developers
>over this?  They're ignoring me ;)
>
>Or, if we don't really think the risk is very high, maybe I should just drop
>the debug patch?

sched-clean-init-idle has the following hunk to schedule() which
should catch all unsafe calls to it, I think.

+	/*
+	 * The idle thread is not allowed to schedule!
+	 * Remove this check after it has been exercised a bit.
+	 */
+	if (unlikely(current == rq->idle) && current->state != TASK_RUNNING) {
+		printk(KERN_ERR "bad: scheduling from the idle thread!\n");
+		dump_stack();
+	}
+

Probably the patch can go.