A few questions.
stefan at nocrew.org
Sat Jan 31 21:06:21 EST 2004
What is the status of m3mirror:ing with an ibook2 (600MHz from 2001)
using a 2.6 kernel? There was some patch sent out a long time ago, but
I couldn't get it to apply in any sensible way.
What is the status of sound output on the G5?
Third, and actually most interesting question for me:
I want some sort of video recording hardware for my G5. What should I get?
My demands (or at least strong wishes) are:
1. Works on the G5 with Linux (ppc32 or ppc64 doesn't matter).
2. If PCI, works in the PCI-X slots.
3. Has a tuner (preferable, but if all else works, this can be skipped).
4. Has S-Video input.
5. Can handle full framesize in full framerate.
6. At least handle PAL, although handling NTSC is a plus.
7. Doesn't cost a fortune.
Possible to buy in Sweden is another plus.
** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/
More information about the Linuxppc-dev