MPC823E SMC/I2C/SPI micropatch

Jan Damborsky jan.damborsky at devcom.cz
Mon Jan 26 20:25:49 EST 2004

I think I have selected the __correct__ one.
Situated in ./arch/ppc/8xx_io/micropatch_850.c file.
- relocates I2C, SPI, SMC parameter RAM.
- it is determined for 850 and 823E processors (I hope).
- I had to define USE_SMC_PATCH and write some
   additional code for relocating SMC parameter RWM
   in cpm_load_patch() function (./arch/ppc/8xx_io/micropatch.c)
   as well as in SMC UART code (./arch/ppc/8xx_io/uart.c).
More additional hacks needed:
* original RPBASE set to 0x400 clashed with SMC micropatch
   so I redefined it to 0x800
* when used ethernets on SCC2,SCC3 with CONFIG_ENET_BIG_BUFFERS
   enabled, they need 2kB of DPRAM - it cannot fit together with
   micropatch in first 4kB of DPRAM, so I redefined
   CPM_DATAONLY_BASE to 0x1000 and CPM_DATAONLY_SIZE to 0x0c00

And for now, I have SCC2,SCC3 ethernets
and SMC1,SMC2 UARTs working altogether.

                               Sincerely, Jan Damborsky