FYI: Free Online Book: Inside Linux Kernel and PowerPC

Hollis Blanchard hollisb at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 23 02:42:28 EST 2004

On Jan 21, 2004, at 7:13 PM, Huailin Chen wrote:

> I tried to collect some documents related to linux and
> ppc. And did some document(I'm not yet confident
> enough to say: kernel analysis) about linux ppc
> machine dependent part.
>
> It's far away being good. But wish helpful and
> meantime get some feedback so that I could make a
> better job.
>
> The ToC is:
> -------------
> Chapter 1 Embedded PowerPC Family
> Chapter 2: Programming Model
> Chapter 3: PowerPC EABI
> Chapter 4: PowerPC Interrupt/Exception
> Chapter 5: PowerPC 4xx Reset and Initialization
> Chapter 6: Synchronization Requirements
> Chapter 7: Linux Kernel Bootup and Initialization
> Chapter 8: Kernel Initialization
> Chapter 9: Kernel Setup---start_kernel
> Chapter 10: Kernel Exception Handler
> Chapter 11 Kernel Memory Management
> Chapter 12: Kernel Process Management
> Chapter 13 Interrupt Handling routines
> Chapter 14 System Call handling
> Chapter 15: PowerPC EABI Cross Compiler

Are you saying you intend to write a book, and do we have comments on
the proposed ToC? Or that you have begun writing a book, and the
content is online somewhere and you'd like comments? Or that it's
already written? If there's anything more than a ToC to look at, please
provide a URL. :)

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center