local_irq_enable() problem...

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Thu Jan 22 12:01:03 EST 2004

Etsushi Kato writes:

> Is there any way to check whether exception handling code is working
> correctly?  Register usage in head.S and entry.S seems to be changed
> from 2.4, so perhaps I missed porting some part.

Yes - the main difference is that we now don't save all the registers
on the common interrupt/exception entries.  We only save the volatile
registers, since the C code saves and restores all the nonvolatile
registers.  We do this for external interrupt, decrementer and system
call, at least.  Other exception entries that are likely to result in
sending a signal to the current process save all the registers.

Paul.