Broadcom BCM94306

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Jan 20 01:11:36 EST 2004

> Anyway, since you seem to have ties inside IBM ;-), you might
> know why they do not even give a list of differences of the
> 970 implementation.

I guess the documentation is just not ready for public consumption.
I don't really know.

> I know from another source that the 970 does
> not have BATs, but supports large pages with a size of 16MB.

The BAT thing at least is documented (and has been documented
_for ever_ -- see the PEM, the 970 is a 64-bit chip.  Get the
rev 2.0 PEM from the 970 doc page).

The large page thing is cpu specific afaik (from memory).

Segher