multiple separate pci bridges ...

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 19 23:03:47 EST 2004

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:41:19PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> > > pci_dev resources are read from the BARs and the sizing mecanism
> > > uses the BARs too (you should filter out writes too btw). If you
> > > properly filter things out, there should be no problem.
> >
> > So shouldn't reads from the BAR return -1 instead of 0, and writes be ignored?
>
> Writes have to be ignored, I don't remember if an unused BAR should
> return 0xffffffff or 0 (check the spec). (The call shall not fail,
> the BAR space has to be implemented).

Mmm, should it also be needed to put 0 in the Memory Space and IO space
bits of the Command register ?

Also, about the Interrupt line, i believe that there is no interrupt
used by the northbridge at this time. We were not speaking about the pci
config space of the graphic card, but of the bridge, so it should have
no influence with DRI or anything else, right ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther