multiple separate pci bridges ...

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Mon Jan 19 10:33:24 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 23:20, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 07:24:44PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > It would be quite interesting to know, see below.
>
> But then, maybe it has something to do with the GL screensaver or
> something such.

Don't run them, then? *shrug*

> Altough this problem doesn't occur for the Radeon 7500 on the same board.

I suspect that's more luck than anything else at this point...

> I believe it may be triggered by some problem which is present in
> the R200 code path, and which is present in the R100 software T&L (since
> i think the 7000 and 7200 lack a T&L engine).

The 7200 has one, and the 2D acceleration code (which moves windows
around) doesn't have any core specific paths because the 2D engines are
mostly identical.

> > It might also occur when the ring wraps around; whether or not it also
> > happens when the server is idling would give a hint about this, or even
> > better instrumenting the wraparound handling code in the DRM.
>
> Ok, i will look into this and do some experiments. What is the size of
> the ring anyway ? 4K or something such ?

daenzer at thor|0:29:29> grep 'ring buffer' /var/log/XFree86.0.log
(II) RADEON(0): Using 1 MB for the ring buffer