linuxppc trees, what is going on ?

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 18 23:21:34 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 10:35:14AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 06:18:27PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > There is no tag you can use to do this.  Just like how 'v2.4.24' in the
> > > old linuxppc_2_4* trees would get you 2.4.24 w/o any PPC changes, the
> > > same will happen here.
> >
> > This is getting more complicated ...
> >
> > Ok, let's say, tomorrow i need to release a debian 2.4.24 powerpc
> > package, what should i take for this, and which tag/date/whatever should
> > i use.
>
> First, do a bk help changes.  I mention this since I believe the
> behavior of -e will change, or has changed.  Then do a 'bk changes' such
> that you see all merge changesets.  Then just find that one that
> corresponds to when the merge of Marcelo's tree that contained at least
> v2.4.24 came in.  If there are changes after v2.4.24, you will have to
> back these out from your patch manually (filterdiff or interdiff can probably
> help here).
>
> Paul, do you want to start adding tags to the linuxppc-2.4 tree?

I am trully baffled here, i don't know what is going on, but then maybe
it is my little comprehension of how bk works.

I did pull the linux-2.4 tree, and exported the v2.4.24 tag. I did the
same for the linuxppc-2.4 tree, and diffed the two exported trees. Both
were exactly the same.

Very strange, and probably due to the non-linear way the bk changesets
are handled.

Could it be possible to add proper tags in the future to the
linuxppc-2.4 tree ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther