Broadcom BCM94306

linas at austin.ibm.com linas at austin.ibm.com
Thu Jan 15 11:13:50 EST 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 05:11:07PM +0100, valvoline wrote:
> of drivers are required? i think that simple win32-drivers cannot work
> properly in a different architecture with different *endian.

totally irrelevent and off-topic, but ... the ppc can (or used
to be able to) switch endianess dynamically.  To be more correct,
it can run some user-space code that was little endian, by having
the kernel set the appropriate bit in the MSR before it ran the
app.  I have no idea is the linux kernel saves/restores this bit(s),
or if this is still supported on the newest processors.

--linas