temp.c and cputable.c issues

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Jan 15 09:38:40 EST 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 09:11:53PM +0100, valvoline wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 03:10:18PM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
>
> > There are errata documents from Motorola that tell you not to use the
> > TAU on any 745x CPU.  The omission of this flag is intentional.
>
> what's about this documents ?, if TAU is disabled what's the right way
> to fetch thermal infos for 745x based CPUs ?, any workaround or suggested
> url to start from ?

There are no workarounds or planned fixes for this errata (it varries
slightly in number from 7450/1 to 7455 to 7457 documents I think).  All
errata can be gotten from Motorolas website.
7450:
http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC7450_ARCHIVED
7451:
http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC7451