multiple separate pci bridges ...

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Jan 5 08:45:24 EST 2004

> PCI: Probing PCI hardware
> Scanning bus 00
> Found 00:00 [11ab/6460] 000600 00
> Found 00:08 [1106/3044] 000c00 00
> Found 00:28 [1000/0001] 000100 00
> Found 00:60 [1106/8231] 000601 00
> Found 00:61 [1106/0571] 000101 00
> Found 00:62 [1106/3038] 000c03 00
> Found 00:63 [1106/3038] 000c03 00
> Found 00:64 [1106/8235] 000000 00
> Found 00:65 [1106/3058] 000401 00
> Found 00:66 [1106/3068] 000780 00
> Found 00:68 [1106/3065] 000200 00
> Fixups for bus 00
> Bus scan for 00 returning with max=00
> Scanning bus 10
> Fixups for bus 10
> Bus scan for 10 returning with max=10
> PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 4 of device 00:00.0
>
> So, the 0x10 incrementation is fine, but the agp bus is not working
> correctly, and thus the agp graphic card not recognized (and thus no
> radeonfb).
>
> That said, i believe the 00:00.0 (should that not be 10:00.0 because of
> the renumbering) is the Marvell Discovery II pci controller, and the
> actual agp card should be found just behind.

What video card is this ?

It's possible that your config ops for the AGP don't work properly. Make
sure you are really generating type 0 config cycles.

Also, this "cannot allocate resource region" smells bad. Can
you check what the BARs of the host bridge are supposed to mean ?

I hope it's not yet another brain dead bridge that puts the system memory
in a BAR... in which case we'll have to "hide" it from linux PCI subsystem.

Ben.