Please revert "use todc time functions for PPC_PREP" changeset

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Sun Feb 29 02:33:59 EST 2004

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 08:43:06AM -0000, Leigh Brown wrote:
> Andrew Morton said:
> >
> > "Leigh Brown" <leigh at solinno.co.uk> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Tom,
> >>
> >>  Your patch (ChangeSet at 1.1557.41.25) breaks the 43p140 and Carolina, and
> >>  probably quite a few other RS/6000 based PRePs.  I was a bit surprised
> >>  to see it 2.6.3.
> >>
> >>  http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5/patch@1.1557.41.25?nav=index.html|ChangeSet@-3w|cset@1.1557.41.25
> >>
> >>  Can we revert this until there is a working version, please?
> >
> > It wouild help if you could define "breaks".
>
> Sorry!  It hangs during boot, before any output on the serial console.  I
> got as far as working out that it hangs somewhere in
> arch/ppc/kernel/time.c:time_init() (or one of the called functions).

Er.. Didn't we talk about this awhile ago, and get a different version
of this patch working back in 2.4?  The problem was that we couldn't use
todc_calibrate_decr we had to still grab the value from the residual
data.  And I thought I had kept that logic still..

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/