Need testers: G3 @ G4 laptops (powerbooks & ibooks)

Kiko Piris linuxppc at pirispons.net
Thu Feb 19 02:45:54 EST 2004

On 18/02/2004 at 14:21, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> Hi need people who own those machiens, especially the recent iBook2 models
> with a G3 CPU and titanium powerbooks with a G4, to test this patch and
> tell me if sleep mode still works reliably or becomes unstable.

Hi, I've compiled and I'm running it on my iBook2 (G3).

In fact I've applied your patch _plus_ laptop mode and orinoco monitor
mode. I guess they have nothing to see one each other but...

I've put it to sleep a couple of times (once before starting X and some
more while running X) and noticed nothing unusual.

Let me know if I can provide additional info or test anything else.

Thanks

Info about hardware & config follows:
-------------------------------------

$ uname -a
Linux sacarino 2.6.3-rc3-ben1-benhtest #1 Wed Feb 18 16:19:59 CET 2004 ppc GNU/Linux

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 750FX
temperature     : 43 C (uncalibrated)
clock           : 900MHz
revision        : 2.3 (pvr 7000 0203)
bogomips        : 1785.85
machine         : PowerBook4,3
motherboard     : PowerBook4,3 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as     : 257 (iBook 2 rev. 2)
pmac flags      : 0000000b
L2 cache        : 512K unified
memory          : 384MB