Error compiling 40x ppc kernels (walnut)

Gerhard Jaeger g.jaeger at sysgo.com
Thu Dec 16 23:18:37 EST 2004

Hi,

On Thursday 16 December 2004 11:33, Nico Schottelius wrote:
>I am trying to build a 40x / Walnut Linux (only for testing), but
>the compile process always breaks:
>
>1. walnut build with ibm emac network card enabled
>2. walnut build without ibm emac network card enabled
>
>I am currently using
>
>make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-uclibc-
>
>on my x86 machine as my ibook is currently at home.
>Do you know why those errors occur and can you help me fix them?

from what I see from your config file, you have enabled a lot of stuff,
I'm pretty sure which won't build correctly for the walnut.
I.e. the whole framebuffer stuff is not needed - switch it off.
(This is also your problem here!)
I suggest to go through all of your configuration and disable all of
the stuff, which you do not really need:
- frame-buffer
- usb
- all of the crypto stuff
- IPv6
.
.
.

Set at least only processor, platform and serial console support on
(and of course correctly) then try again. Never start with a full
or overloaded config set ;)

Ciao,
Gerhard

Gerhard Jaeger                             g.jaeger at sysgo.com
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software
www.sysgo.com | www.elinos.com | www.osek.de | www.imerva.com