still unable to compile with kgdb enabled

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Apr 10 08:06:46 EST 2004

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 11:40:17PM +0200, Christian Kujau wrote:

> hi,
>
> happily compiling kernels from 2.5 to 2.6 i finally wanted to give KGDB
> a try as suggested often enough. but i fail to do this.
[snip]
> i was looking for a kgdb patch on kgdb.sourceforge.net, but the latest
> version there is KGDB 2.0.1-2.0.5, which is for linux-2.6.1 only. on
> http://spop.free.fr/kgdb/ i found a kgdb-1.9-for-2.4.25.patch.bz2,
> applying cleanly, but still gives me errors and does not compile:

The CVS version of the patch is against 2.6.5, and if you only pass in
'kgdbwait', it should work w/o mods (otherwise it breaks in very early,
and requires some additional work).  I've tested this out on a few
machines locally, but not PPC_MULTIARCH, so there might be a few
incidental things required to be fixed.  I've been using the KGDB_8250,
and not PPC_SIMPLE_SERIAL, but I plan on testing that sometime in the
future.

FWIW, I'm about to go off for 2 weeks vacation, so I probably won't be
able to help you, if it doesn't work right away.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/