Change to allow signal handlers to set SE and BE bits.

Corey Minyard minyard at acm.org
Fri Sep 5 00:16:56 EST 2003

Actually, using the SE bit may not be the best way to handle this to
cover all the PPC variants.

Would it be better to have a special bit field someplace that is used to
communicate between the signal handler and the kernel?  Some
possibilities are:

    * The top 16 bits of the trap field
    * The currently unused mq field (except on APUS?)
    * A new field in the signal frame

I'm thinking that reserving the top 16 bits of the trap field may be the
best.  It would always come in as zero (so existing software won't be
broken) and it will be available for all processors and will not be used
for anything else by the processor.

Any thoughts?

-Corey