Video mirroring with radeon mobility 9600

Ken Offer koffer at arlut.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 30 07:19:37 EST 2003

On Tuesday, October 28, 2003, at 06:22  PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt
wrote:

> The whole mirroring thing must be re-implemented differently. It's
> on my todolist, though not done yet
>
> Ben.

Hi Ben,

I'd like to try to get mirroring working.  Unfortunately, I don't have
technical documentation on the Radeon 9600 Mobility chipset.  Is there
a document somewhere on-line I can consult?

The "ATI Radeon display support" page when I do a "make menuconfig" in
the 2.6 kernel source refers to this page:

	http://www.ati.com/na/pages/products/pc/radeon32/index.html

Unfortunately its a broken link.

I've been hunting around on www.ati.com.  I can find tons of product
descriptions, product announcements, application demo code and
pre-built drivers.  Unfortunately that doesn't help when you need to
know what bit in what hardware register to twiddle. :)

| Ken Offer                               Office: 512-835-3859 |
| Email: koffer at arlut.utexas.edu             Fax: 512-835-3259 |
| Applied Research Laboratories, University of Texas at Austin |