MPC8266 Linux kernel hang on idma_pci9_read()

Jeff Angielski jeff at theptrgroup.com
Tue Oct 28 07:15:23 EST 2003

Hi all,

I am trying to track down a problem where the Linux kernel is hanging
when it is trying to configure the IDE interface on a CMD648 PCI-to_IDE
CPCI card.  The kernel correctly detects the cards on the bus and
configures them.  However, it's hanging in the call to idma_pci9_read()
when trying to read the simplex_stat from the first byte from the first
PCI I/O region on the card (say that ten times fast).

The MPC8266 board is a custom board based on the MPC8266ADS harware and
LSP.  The Linux kernel is 2.4.23-pre2 from penguinppc.

I was just wondering if anybody else had seen anything similiar on their
MPC8266ADS-based designs.

TIA,
Jeff Angielski
The PTR Group