Using in_8 and out_8 without module optimization

Holger Bettag hobold at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Wed Oct 22 00:03:33 EST 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:

> To ensure that the asm-code is executed in sequence with your
> C-code use:
>
>   -fno-schedule-insns -fno-schedule-insns2

Some other optimizations might still rearrange code, so consider
-fno-strength-reduce and -fno-move-all-moveables and possibly a few other
switches. Just compile with -S and see if the assembly code looks right.

I think there is also a switch to force inline functions to be
instantiated, could be -fno-inline or -fforce-no-inline, but the former
solution is likely a lot better.

  Holger