Need a Linux PPC kernel which supports the Radeon Mobility 9600

Ken Offer koffer at arlut.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 15 08:10:43 EST 2003

> Date: 11 Oct 2003 23:44:22 +0200
> From: Jens Schmalzing <jens.schmalzing at physik.uni-muenchen.de>
> Subject: Re: Need a Linux PPC kernel which supports the Radeon
> Mobility 9600
>
> Hi,
>
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt writes:
>
>> I just fixed that in my 2.6 and I'll backport to 2.4 soon
>
> I compiled the latest version of that tree in order to get radeonfb
> working on my 17" Powerbook.  A few questions:

Hi Jens,

I'm trying that myself, but I'm running into undefined symbols, plus
problems with compiling PCNET32 (whatever that is).

I started with the ".config" file copied from
"arch/ppc/configs/pmac_defconfig", but that might not be the best.  I'm
not sure how all the creative config names map to specific machines,
like the PowerBook.

What config file did you compile 2.5-benh with?

| Ken Offer                               Office: 512-835-3859 |
| Email: koffer at arlut.utexas.edu             Fax: 512-835-3259 |
| Applied Research Laboratories, University of Texas at Austin |