Boot problems with MPC8280 PowerQUICC

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at giga-stream.de
Tue Oct 14 03:35:47 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm working on a custom board with Motorola MPC 8280 PowerQUICC processor
and linux 2.4.18 kernel. When booting the kernel, I get the following
messages at the end of the boot procedure when init scripts are executed:

NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on 192.10.11.190
Looking up port of RPC 100005/1 on 192.10.11.190
VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem).
Freeing unused kernel memory: 60k init
INIT: version 2.78 booting
INIT: Entering runlevel: 2
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 62: elf_get_dynamic_info:
Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!
INIT: Id "con" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel
INIT: Id "con" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "con" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

The kernel did not crash, ping is working and the last message is repeated
every 5 minutes. It seems that all processes started by the INIT process are
killed immediately.
Booting the same kernel with the same root fs mounted over nfs on the same
board but with a MPC8266 PowerQUICC is working without problems.
Anybody who faced a similar problem? Any hints would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Thomas Schäfer

GIGA STREAM GmbH

Konrad-Zuse-Str. 7