MPC5200 Patches

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Thu Nov 13 06:41:53 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Gabriel Paubert wrote:

> > > Hmmm, dont't repeated x have a tendency to trigger spam filters
> > > (especially the dumbest ones)?
> >
> > Who cares? This is Linux kernel source code.
>
> I don't remeber the details, but I believe that some people had
> problems when posting about the aic7xxx driver some time ago. And yes,
> this was on the linux kernel mailing list IIRC.

Yep. But IIRC the problem was not posting, but receiving. Apparently some
people subscribed to lkml are behind corporate spam filters that remove
everything that contains `xxx'. So people started to talk about the
aic7<censored> driver to fool the spam filters.

BTW, there are similar problems with accessing the Video4Linux website, hosted
at bytesex.org.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds