ppc32 lockups with 2.6

linas at austin.ibm.com linas at austin.ibm.com
Tue Nov 11 10:57:41 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 11:39:14PM +0100, Christian wrote:
> linas at austin.ibm.com wrote:
> > I'd suggest getting the KDB kernel patches, and then poking around to
> > see what the system was doing when it locked up.
>
> kdb, hm, i'll see if i can handle this. would some output from gdb help too?

kdb is a built-in kernel debugger. gdb is useless for this case,
although kgdb could be another alternative.

> > What were the stack traces? does it always lock up in the same routine?
>
> the debugger will show, as nothing else showed up and even SysReq was
> not working anymore.

Hmm,  that's bad ... does sysreq work before the lockup?

> > What line of code was it
> > executiing when it did that?

No, I meant in the kernel, the output of the kdb 'bt' command, which
shows what the kernel was doing when kdb was entereed.  But if sysreq
really doesn't work, then theres a chance that kdb won't either, and
that means ... hmm...

--linas