linuxppc_2_4_devel patch to arch/ppc/kernel/setup.c

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Fri May 23 09:19:58 EST 2003

This is a minor patch to move the default setting of the default
loops_per_jiffy to before the call to platform_init().  This would be
necessary if someone required a reasonable value for loops_per_jiffy so
that their progress output would work (e.g., polled UART I/O that
required a udelay() call).  Ideally, this should never be necessary
since the board-specific platform_init() should set it up correctly.
This is just in case.

Mark

P.S., I would almost prefer just getting rid of the default
loops_per_jiffy setup.  Anyone else?