Problem with parse_bootinfo on a Board with 2Mb of SRAM

Christophe.LINDHEIMER at fr.thalesgroup.com Christophe.LINDHEIMER at fr.thalesgroup.com
Wed May 7 03:40:51 EST 2003

Hi.

I am trying to start Linux with a custom board.
This board has only 2Mb of SRAM.

Linux crashes in the function parse_bootinfo.

In my Systemp.map I have got __bss_start == 0xc0091000

In parse_bootinfo I have :

rec = ( struct bi_record *)_Align((ulong)__bss_start+(1<<20)-1, 1<<20))

So rec equals 0xc0200000

and then

if (rec->tag != BI_FIRST )

but this line crashes because it tries to access 0xc0200000 whereas my sram
is between 0xc0000000 and 0xc01fffff.

Does it means that I have'nt got enough memory to run Linux on this board ?

I tried to comment this line but Linux go into panic() in the function
mem_pieces_find().

Any idea ?

Thanks.

Chris