bug in asm-ppc/div64.h

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Mar 11 22:23:59 EST 2003

Hi Paul,

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 11:04, Paul Mackerras wrote:

> Bastien Nocera writes:
>
> > While chasing a date bug in smbfs with Urban Widmark, it so happened
> > that we stumbled across a bug in do_div on PPC 32bit, ie. it doesn't
> > work.
>
> Grab a copy of include/asm-ppc/div64.h and arch/ppc/lib/div64.S from
> a 2.5 tree.

Ben just pointed me to these files. I'll give it a try. Are there any
plans to backport these ? All my files on an SMB share appear with the
wrong dates because of that bug.

Cheers

PS: And sorry about the spam, and badly signed mails...
--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

#2  0x4205a2cc in printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity) from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity);
Segmentation fault