Runtime Altivec detection

Magnus Damm damm at opensource.se
Sat Mar 8 05:54:58 EST 2003

mplayer and ffmpeg does some kind of detection runtime.
I'm playing with it right now actually.

While at it:

I've seen that -maltivec and -mabi=altivec is passed sometimes.
If I want to build a binary that should be able to run on a
G3 without altivec and utilize altivec when present on a G4,
what flags should I use?

/ magnus