Patch boot/common/relocate.S to start kernel at 0x000c

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Mar 5 10:42:53 EST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 06:21:30PM -0500, Dan Malek wrote:

> Dale Farnsworth wrote:
>
> >-	nop	/* used by __secondary_hold on prep (mtx) and chrp smp */
> >-	nop	/* used by __secondary_hold on prep (mtx) and chrp smp */
> >+	/*
> >+	 * The first two words are used by __secondary_hold on SMP systems.
> >+	 * The second word may be overwritten before the first cpu runs
> >+	 * here, so we branch around it.
> >+	 */
> >+	b	__start
> >+	nop
> > 	nop
>
> I thought of this, but the comment on the first nop bothered me.
> Was it just a cut/paste without updating the comment, or could the nop
> and location zero be used by MP systems just like the one at location 0x04?

Thinking waaaay back, it was probably me doing something wrong. :)  The
easy way to verify what really happens is to check out the MP code in
prep/misc.c.  I would have thought that chrp smp would do the pmac thing
of calling back to the fw, but I could be wrong here..

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/