Improved copy_page() function, about 30% speed up for mpc860!

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Mar 5 10:35:58 EST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:01:59PM +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> Maybe user space also can be fixed with instruction decoding
> as Daniel said even if it's ugly. Then you would not have to worry about
> apps/libs using dcbz, at least it would work but perhaps the performance sucks
>
> Tom, can you shed some light on this? The BK log lists you as the one
> who committed this change.

Which change in particular are you talking about?  But I think as Dan
has said, it's best to just accept this and move along. :)  It's known
to be horribly broken in some cases, but not admited to by Motorola, and
distinguishing between 8xx's at runtime is not trivial.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/