firewire issues with 2.4.21 from kernel.org ?

vinai 4_usenet at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 00:26:53 EST 2003

Hey Folks,

Has anyone successfully used the latest kernel.org stable kernel with
firewire successfully ??  I use an external hard drive to be able to
take work with me, but with a 2.4.21 kernel, I get the message:

/dev/sdc2 is not a valid block device

While with 2.4.20 (also from kernel.org), it works perfectly.  This is
on an 8500 using a PCI firewire card with a TI chipset, and running
stock Debian 3.0, except for the kernel upgrade.

cheers
vinai

(to get my real e-mail address, replace "4" with "for")