Remote serial console through USB

daRonin daronin at digimerc.com
Wed Jun 4 08:01:33 EST 2003

  I am trying to get remote serial console going through my Keyspan
USB to Serial adapter.

  The machine is single G4 tower, 1Ghz CPU, running 2.4.20-ben10.

  I appended these options to the kernel load time parameters:

  console=ttyUSB0,57600

  The Keyspan adapter works fine in minicom, and dmesg seems to show all
the modules loading. However I get the message:

"  Warning: unable to open an initial console.  "

  After doing some research I discovered that there is a patch for 2.5
kernel that would allow me to accomplish this task.

  Is there any way I can get this going in 2.4?

  Regards,

daRonin

Certe, Toto, sentio nos in Kansate non iam adesse