new 601 port starting point?

Remco Post r.post at sara.nl
Tue Jun 3 17:39:43 EST 2003

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:19:17 -0500 (CDT)
Dave Weis <djweis at sjdjweis.com> wrote:

> I'm going to be working on the mca rs/6000 machines again. The kernel has
> changed a bit since I last tried, so I need some advice.
>
> Which platform should I base my work on? It's a 601 machine, no pci or isa
> bus.

My boss happens to onw (and still have sitting around) a rs/6000 model 590.
This seems to be well, not very chrp, though I can't say for sure, but at
least AIX doesn't think it's chrp.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams