Gcc longcall option

Diaconescu Bogdan-BDIACON1 bogdan.diaconescu at motorola.com
Wed Jul 23 01:34:06 EST 2003

Hi guys,

I have a question not strictly related to kernel but more related to
gcc and it's options.

I try to create a big exe image (around 800M with symbolics) using
gcc-2.95.x and I run into the problems of relative branch addressing
which has only 24 bits for PPC. I know if I use some __atribute__
((longcall)) for function prototypes the addressing is done through LR
so it's changed to indirect branch. I was looking for options like
-mlongcall or -mlong-calls but it seems they don't exist for PPC.

Now the question: do you know a distribution in which gcc is having
such options or do you know another way to get the link done with the
big exe image I have?

Regards,
Bogdan