Info on IO vs. Memory mapped PCI configuration ...

vinai vroopcha at mcw.edu
Tue Jan 28 04:56:36 EST 2003

Hey Folks,

I am just getting into some driver programming for my work.  I read a
bit of the PCI System Architecture book, and it talked about one of the
main ways x86 vs the PPC did PCI configuration was through IO vs memory
space.  Is there an on-line reference somewhere that talks about these
ideas or concept in more detail?  This is my first foray, and I'm more
than a little fuzzy about the concepts ...  My work is for an x86 card,
but I am hoping to "play" with the PPC on my own.

Thanks much.
vinai