Status of linuxppc_2.5

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Jan 9 05:34:22 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 19:22, Boris Bezlaj wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 07:18:35PM +0100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >
> > What patch ? I'm interested ;)
>
> It just adds +#include <linux/interrupt.h> to swim3.c
>
> > So far, swim3 in 2.5 is not up-to-date to new BIO semantics in 2.5. I've wanted
> > to do that for some time now but didn't find time yet.
>
> But does the writing work in 2.4.x ? For me it works flawlessly in 2.2.x,
> but in 2.4 there are some problems with settling (only when writing; read
> is fine), which im trying to figure out and fix.

Did didn't try that driver very hard lately. Please cc me any fix you
may have.

Note also that there is a darwin driver for swim3 floating around that
gets a lot of code from MacOS 9 and that appear to document a bunch
of black magic stuffs, so that may be a good source of information. I
think it's on mklinux.org