Disable cache on 74xx

Brian Waite waite at skycomputers.com
Fri Feb 21 02:47:02 EST 2003

Well to preface, some people around here think disabling cache is a good idea.
I report to one of those :). What I am trying to debug is why my custom board
hangs. Basically,  what I see is when a PCI interface starts reading/writing
SDRAM, my 745x processor locks up. I see no more decrementer interrupts being
serviced and using a BDI 2000 JTAG interface I see the processors stalled on
some memory access instruciton. The memory controller (gt64260) seems to be
doing something very wrong and it is thought to be a cache coherency issue.
So to prove this, I was asked to try running without any sort of cache.
Hopefully between Gary's information and yours, Dan I can convince people
that it is futile.

Thanks
Brian