DVI External Monitor on TiBook IV

daRonin daronin at digimerc.com
Fri Feb 14 09:52:47 EST 2003

I am running with external Cinema 23" display on my TiBook IV (Radeon
Mobility 9000).

The combination works great with earily 2.4.20 kernels, however with
2.4.20-ben5 my LCD stays on and goes white.

I managed to determine that LCD is not turned on by radeonfb, it turns own
earlier in the boot process. So even with video=ofonly the LCD stays on.

My knowledge of kernel workings is not sufficent to determine where
exactely the problem occurs. I would appreciate any lead into the right
direction...

Andrew