2.4.19 on dual 1gig G4 funny slow down to kernel death experience

Kevin B. Hendricks kevin.hendricks at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 9 00:50:54 EST 2003

Hi Ben,

I don't even remember anymore.  :-)

But the of device tree under the cpu has this cpu-version info:

8001 0201

Which from cputables.c looks like a 7455

Also, this is a very rare event (it has only happned twice in 6 months or
so).  The only thing in common with both events is that I have several
very large compiles going on in multiple processes at the same time (I
have two different xterms running independent compiles of OpenOffice.org),
while also surfing and things (killing time while the compiles continue)

I know this is not a lot to go on but it is now repeatable.

Thanks,

Kevin