A question on kernel clock:

John Zhou zjzhou at newrocktech.com
Tue Dec 30 21:45:42 EST 2003

Dear Wolfgang,

Thanks very much and Happy New year to you and your family!

I'm sorry for my simple question description.

The processor I mentioned is MPC82xx. Now, I have kernel from kernel.org
run on the board. But, my "nsleep()" is not exactly. So, I want to
realize the timer mechanism of Linux used.

(1) which timer is used for nsleep?

(2) can udelay() be changed to be preempted by other process?

(3) which is good choice for Kernel timeslice?

Additional, could we develop a bootloader like vxworks' bootloader? (
vxworks bootloader is a little vxworks, I think.)

John