powerpc gdb and gdbserver

Christopher R. Johnson cjohnson at gcctech.com
Tue Dec 23 02:32:03 EST 2003

Good news.  All I needed to do was setup Kegel's crosstool.sh by adding
the following to my powerpc-405.dat file:
GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--without-fp"

GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--without-fp --enable-add-ons=linuxthreads_db"

And used crosstool to rebuild the tool chain.  That resulted in the
library gdbserver needed to run.  I need some instruction from Dan on
how to rebuild just a component, after this type of config change, so I
don't go through the 2 hour crosstool run.

--
Christopher R. Johnson
Principal Software Engineer