USB, 2.6-test11 and hot flaming death

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sun Dec 7 12:09:39 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 10:33, Samuel Rydh wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 10:35:26AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >
> > > This problem has actually been present quite a while (at least
> > > since 2.6.0-test3). On my dual 1.25 GHz G4, it occurs once
> > > every four boots or so.
> >
> > Interesting. It happens with the NEC EHCI/OHCI or with the
> > KeyLargo OHCI's ? I suspect it's a problem of the NEC part,
> > and I think K2 actually contains that part built-in on the G5
>
> The USB devices are all hooked up on the NEC EHCI/OHCI. I don't think the
> KeyLargo OHCI cell is physically connected to any ports; it doesn't
> show up in the device tree...

Ok, so something is wrong between those old Apple kbds and the NEC
part... Interesting. Does MacOS X show any similar symptom ? Also,
I suppose we could fix the OHCI driver to at least try to recover
in this case... I don't have much time to play with this at the
moment, but I'll keep that in mind. I need to find one  of those
bad kbds first ;)

Ben.